I hope you just watched that trailer….FIVE TIMES! Moreso, I hope you’ve seen the original JOHN WICK. If not, stop reading this you damn fool and get to it!
I didn’t review the original, but Mark Espinosa and I share a lot of the same opinions about why JOHN WICK is cool as hell. The main difference is, I would have given in a 10 out of 10 and would have veered more towards gushing rather than reviewing. Good thing Mark’s around. Check out his review below!
Ok, here’s a list of a few reasons why I’m excited for JOHN WICK 2.
- I’m a diehard fan of the action genre. See what I did there…”Die Hard”.
- This is a sequel to what is arguably the best action film of the past 10 years. Yeah, I went there.
- Keanu Reeves.
- Keanu Reeves re-teaming with THE MATRIX co-star Lawrence Fishburne.
- The return of Ian McShane and Lance Reddick.
- More beautifully choreographed long-cut gun shootouts with no quick cuts or shaky-cam shenanigans.
- Neverending dog revenge.
- John’s new dog.
- THAT tunnel scene in this trailer! Holy shit!
- Watching everyone run when they see John get out a handgun. Smart people. Smart.
There you have it folks. I simply can’t wait to see JOHN WICK 2 when it hits screens February 10th 2017.