MARIO KART 8 DELUXE May Be Worth Re-Buying On NINTENDO SWITCH
Check it out: NINTENDO SWITCH PRESENTATION 2017 Impressions
Great…now I have to re-buy MARIO KART 8 because the additions to the newest version MARIO KART 8 DELUXE for the NINTENDO SWITCH looks to be pretty great. Here are some of the new features I’m looking forward to:
- All characters and tracks from MARIO KART 8 are included including all the DLC content!
- New drivers include Inkling Boy & Girl from SPLATOON, King Boo, Bowser Jr., and Dry Bones! Some classic favorites!
- A handful of new vehicles!
- New items including “Ghost” and “Feather” are available.
- Players can now hold x2 items at a time just like MARIO KART: DOUBLE DASH!
- And best of all, a revamped Battle Mode will be included featuring classic-style arenas including classics “Luigi’s Mansion” and “SNES Battle Course 1”
Looks like Nintendo is taking good care to add enough new features to warrant owners of MARIO KART 8 on Wii U to repurchase. The Battle Mode in the Wii U version is inexcusably bad and I’m glad to see Nintendo right this wrong. I really REALLY hope to see some of those amazing N64 battle courses included. THAT would solidify my purchase for sure. But as it stands, this is a pretty impressive upgrade.
Stay tuned to the official MARIO KART 8 DELUXE page for new info as it comes.
MARIO KART 8 DELUXE is slated for an April 28th 2017 release.
And check out our full MARIO KART 8 Video Game Review for the Nintendo Wii U to see what we thought of the original!